Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rock Climbing and Bouldering

On Monday I went rock climbing at a place called the Quarry. It's an indoor rock climbing facility that also has an upper level where you can go bouldering, which is when you rock climb but without a harness. Bouldering is more about maneuverability whereas rock climbing seems to be more about seeing how high you can go so the bouldering walls are not nearly as high.  Bouldering was the sport I totally fell in love with though when we went. We didn't really know what we were doing and we were not very good at it, but we were able to watch the experts and man are they AMAZING! It's ridiculous how a person can hold their whole body on to a rock wall and just hang on with one hand and make it look like it's a piece of cake.  I really want to find someone that can train me in the ways of bouldering and help me strengthen the muscles required for it.  I honestly think the movements can look very graceful depending on how smooth the climber is able to boulder.  I really want to buy a membership there or just go more often to help me improve. I recommend this sport to everyone. You've got to try it out at least once in your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment