Monday, December 6, 2010

Pokemon

Pokemon was basically my childhood. I'll just straight up admit it. I'm not embarrassed. Heck I am proud of it. First of all, the creators of Pokemon are absolutely genius because they can continually make money off of it because each year they can just add 150 new Pokemon to the series and voila! They can make new shows, new games for gaming systems, and produce even MORE cards to add to the millions of them that are already out there. Honestly, the most genius thing in my opinion is cards. People pay 6$ for 7 cards. The cards are basically small little pieces of sturdy paper with colorful pictures on it that probably takes 25 cents at most to make. Basketball, Bella Serra, Beanie Babie, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh -- all of them have cards and I', sure being in a junk load of money for the companies. Second of all, the Pokemon games are just plain AMAZING. I have pretty much owned every version and played every one and man, they just get better and better each and every time. You pick your six favorite Pokemon, catch all the legendary magical ones, and go on to defeat the Elite Four. Everything adds up to that moment. Bring up Pokemon anywhere you are and you will instantly have 15 new friends because a vast majority of people were doing the same exact thing I was doing as a child -- trying to catch 'em all. It's amazing how one thing can bring together and unite so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment