Sunday, December 5, 2010

Guitar and Music


Today I learned two songs on the guitar and that is a big step for me. Usually it takes me a very long time to learn them and master them. The songs were "If It Means A Lot To You" by A Day to Remember and "The Last Thing On Your Mind" by Lights but the acoustic version.  Honestly, the main reason I play guitar is because I REALLY want to learn how to play the harp, but it costs a ridiculous amount of money to learn.  With the guitar, I still get some strings that I can play around with. It's only six strings rather than like 80, but I'll take what I can get.  I am more of a finger picker rather than a strummer with the guitar.  Strumming is sometimes really hard for me but I can sing while doing it if it's simple enough. However, I really like to pick but I can't sing at all while I do that.  I just really love how so many notes can be played together and sound so beautiful. I like hearing them one at time especially so I can hear how each note blends in so perfectly with the next. I am just so grateful that we are able to have music in our lives. I don't know what I would do without it. I love when huge choirs sing, like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It makes the song seem so much more meaningful and powerful. I am so grateful for my guitar and that I got the opportunity to learn how to play it! It has been a great stress reliever for me.  Hopefully I can learn a few more songs tomorrow :] .

No comments:

Post a Comment