Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Evaluation of the Blog

This blog has been an interesting experience for me. A lot of my friends are really into blogs and I always wondered what they really were, so it was nice to get a feel of what it's like to continually post messages onto the internet. I had a lot of fun designing the blog, but it was very hard to pick the correct color schemes to set the right tone for the blog. In all honesty though, I am not the biggest fan of blogging. I feel like I am writing a journal but one that the whole world can read. I also don't like how just anyone can jump on and follow me and read all of my posts. I guess you can be careful about what you post and not make it very personal, but it still freaks me out that everyone and anyone can read what I post. I think Facebook is enough for me and I will keep my own personal journal that's not on the internet.

However, it was a great experience being able to follow my classmates and see their points of view on certain things.  Looking back over my blog, I think the audience I tended to lean towards were young adults in college. All of my topics kind of pertain to that age group and are stories from my own college life.  I did have some more spiritual messages and I also think those related to the college age group as well because they had to do with going on a mission and being kind to others which is very important, especially in college. I also think it applies to that age group because a lot of my blogs are about my interests and what I have come to realize and appreciate through those interests. I write in a more informative style, explaining certain ideas so the reader knows what I am talking about and can more easily relate.

This blog was a great experience and I'm glad I was able to be part of the blogging world and get a feel for what it's like. Even though it isn't my favorite thing to do and somewhat uncomfortable for me, I am going to try and keep it going because it is a great way to practice and develop your writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment