Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cafe Rio? I Think Yes.

Today I went on a grand adventure to a wonderful restaurant called Cafe Rio. The walk was not too terrible from my apartment and the weather was perfect. My brother tagged along and we ordered the grilled chicken salad, the grilled chicken burrito enchilada style, and a tres leche.  The salads are very good but I tend to get sick of it really fast because it's the same flavor over and over that I put in my mouth. In my opinion, I think they should put more rice in them and a little less chicken. The grilled chicken burrito enchilada style never fails to satisfy the monster in your stomach begging for food. There is a perfect amount of each ingredient inside and the white cheese they put on top melts just perfectly and is that kind of cheese that fails to break and stretches forever and always. They also have this lovely mild green sauce they smother on the burrito and it sinks to the bottom of the aluminum serving trays, drowning everything else in it's delicious goodness. However, the absolute BEST part of the whole meal was the tres leche.  We ate it first, and that was the worst decision ever because it made our other food not even compare. All we wanted was the heavenly tres leche. It's a small circular cake with the diameter of about 4 inches and as the name says, it has three different types of sweet flavored milk added to it, making it very soft and moist.  You have the option of adding strawberries and whipped cream to the top.  This is the treat that keeps me going back to Cafe Rio.  Go taste of it.  You will instantly be addicted  and find yourself craving it for every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment